Thank you for your interest in the Georgia State University School of Music. All applicants must apply and be accepted to both the University and School of Music. Please follow the steps below to ensure proper handling of your application materials.
- Apply to Georgia State University. This application is available through the Office of Admissions, online at www.gsu.edu/prospective_students.html or by calling 404-413-2500.
- Complete the online School of Music application. Please note that the deadline for application is four weeks prior to the given audition day.
- Complete the School of Music audition. Audition days for 2012/2013 are:
Friday, November 8, 2013
Monday, February 17, 2014
Friday, March 7, 2014 (Instrumental)
Saturday, March 8, 2014 (Vocal)
- Students must audition on the instrument they will study for their degree program
- After you submit your application, you will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to choose your audition time. Auditions typically last 10 – 20 minutes
- You may wish to contact the University Welcome Center to schedule a tour of the Georgia State campus while you are on campus for your audition.
Audition Repertoire and Requirements
Repertoire and requirements for each instrument can be accessed here. Please note that the selections listed represent general suggestions. Pieces of similar styles and level of difficulty may be substituted as appropriate. For questions regarding a specific instrument or repertoire, please contact the appropriate faculty member. Faculty contact information may be found here.